Monday, June 20, 2011

Osaka Spending

So I have had a pretty decent day of spending today... All of which I hadn't planned for.

I've been wanting to find myself a really cool iPhone cover... every cover I have had in Aus is usually see through and very crap quality so one it gets grubby really easily, and two it really doesn't go well with the white back of my iPhone.
I managed to find this Rilakkuma cover which fits perfect and looks awesome!


Here's a bit of light reading I've been doing, I picked these up in Tokyo at the Shinkansen station a few days back. Managed to find the one G-Works magazine they had hidden in the shelf's lol!

We stopped off at Shinsaibashi today to an area which has just an amazing amount of clothing stores, I've been wanting to get myself a cool flat cap for a while now but didn't wanna pay the stupid prices that are at City Beach in Australia for a cap you see everyone wearing. Japan is pretty big on baseball so that's my excuse for getting myself a kickass LA dodgers cap.

Den Den Town in Namba is just across the road from where we are staying, it's an area thats just full of stores that sell electronics and lots and lots of Anime related stuff. You will find levels of stores with cool shit you will never see in Australia. I've had mates bring back Anime characters to sit on the dash of their drift cars, so I felt it would be cool to do the same.
This is Asuka Langley from Neon Genesis Evangelion, my girlfriend is an amazing anime geek so now she has insisted that she shows me the show!

In the same store I found a car model section which I spent a large amount of time trying to find cool shit. I managed to find these cool little matchbox sized car models of old school greats!
I got myself a gx61...
... and a GC110. Freaking cool!
I'm something of a geek for car models, particularly Fujimi brand ones. Back in Australia I've built a few 86's and a Soarer... I think I've still got a Trueno hatch to build and an s13 which is the same model and color as my one in real life.
In this store I found a shelf full of these Fujimi models, but luckily there was nothing too much of interest that I wouldn't have been able to find in Australia with some hard searching...

The thing I decided I really wanted to find over here were Fujimi and Aoshima brand wheels that you buy to go with these models. I've bought one set before off a forum and thought it was the coolest thing ever, but you would NEVER find them in Australia.

Unfortunately for my wallet, I found this shop called JOSHIN.
Probably very similar to a Toy'R'us... This 6 level shop (each level about the size of an average convenience store) had the whole second level filled with toy cars, trains and planes... and the entire third floor dedicated to TAMIYA.

On the second floor though I found all of my Fujimi models, pretty much everyone one of which seemed rare as all hell... I was lucky to get out with only buying three of them.

They also had Aoshima and Tamiya models on the other side, this one would have been pretty damn cool to buy. 

 They had half a wall full of my wheels that I was after... Knowing how hard it is to get these back home I told myself to buy as many as I wanted... I got 7 LOL. At roughly $5 each it was a steal.

I managed to escape with only buying this much, but all up I paid about 12,500 Yen.
I bought myself an Aoshima Vertex S13 and Gc10 Bosozoku Skyline, a Fujimi Gx61 MarkII, a set of Fujimi R33 wheels for my fujimi S13 back home, Star Formula, Longchamps, Hayashi Streets (YES!) and Aoshima sets of SSR MKIII's, Focus Racing and Equipe 01's.

After prying myself from JOSHIN, I managed to spot this rad looking S15. Buddy Club P1's all round and very tidy!

My wallet is having a tough time in Japan, Emily and I have realised that with the amount of stuff we are buying we are going to need another suitcase to travel home with. We ducked into a shop quickly where I found the whole wall to have second hand film SLRs.
Having been wanting to get myself a Canon Film SLR for quite a while I couldn't help but look closely at them. They ranged from old and new and from base models all the way up to EOS 1's and 5's.
Long story short... I am now the proud owner of a Canon EOS 1 Film SLR LOL!
Oh and did I mention it only cost me 10,000 Yen?!


 Every one of my lenses will fit in so this camera is perfect for me... I'm giddy with excitement, I seriously cannot wait to chuck a roll in there and get started!
Also... I finally have a full frame SLR! Get lost 40D!!!


 Well that's it for my day in Japan... I don't wanna know how much I ended up spending, but I'm very happy with it all. I'm sure there's going to be more spent, especially if I visit an Up Garage.. Oh God.. That's going to hit my wallet hard lol.

Later!


8 comments:

  1. Hey Grant any chance you seen one of these at the local car shops ? Been hunting on down for ages but still cant find it

    http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s53/mad180sx/jdm/DSC_0706.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ended up grabbing one from Up Garage with a light in it... Not sure what It's going in just yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same one ? Let me know if you want to sell it. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Same, not multicolor though, only blue. And I'm saving it for something special ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Any info on how to get to an Upgarage in Osaka?

    ReplyDelete